Friday, December 24, 2010

Playing with the GROVE System using Netduino

Recently I bought the GROVE starter bundle pictured below

But the cables (and the LCD) went missing. When I complained about the missing items I was replied with the information that they will arrive in a few days. The cables arrived yesterday indeed, but I'm still waiting for the LCD.

For testing purposes I connected the expansion shield (the big board with many white connectors on it) to the Netduino, and I started testing the modules. Here is what I found out:

1. The majority modules components are connect almost directly to the microcontroller, there is no I2C converter. I was expecting a different somehow since the jigsaw puzzles apparently were meant to be connected to a bus.

2. Led module:
D1 drives the Red led.
D2 drives the Green led.

2. Buzzer module
It is an ON/OFF buzzer controlled by D1 alone. You can't control the frequency and if you send a square wave, you'll get a strange flickering sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment